Commercial & Domestic Investigations respects your privacy and adheres to the Data Protection Act 1998.
We may collect information via our contact forms to support promotion and publicity of our services through email marketing. The information will be used to provide you with personalised and user-specific newsletters, emails, e-flyers and/or surveys and you may unsubscribe at any time.
We will ensure that you receive a suitable number of emails per month and not “spam” your email address. We do not share your email address with any third parties.
What are cookies?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Commercial Domestic Investigations, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and other third parties.
Some cookies are set by or on behalf of Commercial Domestic Investigations and are necessary to enable users to navigate throughout our website.
Cookies may also be set by third parties.
Google Analytics & Adwords is used throughout the site to capture information regarding search terms, none of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual users.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
3. To Commercial Domestic Investigations to collect information about the browsing and search habits and activities of users, including to monitor the success of websites, campaigns, competitions etc.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2 Click on the “privacy” tab
3 Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2 Click on the icon “privacy”
3 Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site.
No financial transactions are run through this website. However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data (name, address, email address, phone number) that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep any account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Commercial Domestic Investigations asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to.
Third party sites